6.8.03

Instrumental

So the other day I was listening to NPR, that's National Public Radio. Enlightening to say the least. I live in a place without a TV so these days I mostly read and listen to public radio.
So I'm listening to NPR's six o'clock show Marketplace. Its mostly about global economy issues, they run the "numbers" you know S&P's, NYSE, NASDAQ, they let you know just how crappy things are going, or not. Anywho's the whole affair is pretty stuffy, buttoned up, starched and pressed. Well they have these interludes between segments where they play music. So there things are all white collar stuffy and all of the sudden interlude~
intrumental of 50 Cent's P.I.M.P. Whoa. How pervasive is this guy? Now I know that the producers of the show didn't have the faintest implication about the tune they were interluding with, and it was only the instrumental ~ low key beats with some nice steel drum riffs ~ but geez. I like me some Fifty and half his album has made it to "radio play single" status but I never thought I would hear a tune of his on NPR's Marketplace. I sort of have this feeling like I was the only one who would take any notye of this but that's probably pretty ego centric. Well so much so that I thought I would share it with all my readers.
Yeah you and you.

"I don't know what you heard about me...

|