6.8.04

Happy Birthday Blog

Today, on the sixth day of the eighth month of the year twenty aught four anno domani we celebrate the birthday of this blog, my blog, whose official unabriged title is ~

Gaggaccticca County Proper, Party Town USA

~ and so I say to this my humble blog, what brings me such joy and reciprocal satisfaction, and what now contains 120 posts and over 50,000 words
Happy Birthday
Happy Happy Happy Day.
three cheers for my blog, hizzah. Its not your Unbirthday today, for today is your Birthday,
Hooray, Hooray

Here's a little blog background that might help you celebrate this momentous occasion.
This isn't my first blog. If you'll notice in my profile it says that I have been on blogger since March 2002. At first you think, well blogger must have made a mistake cause a. they often do and b. the archives only go back to August of 2003. The simple explanation for this discrepancy is that I have fallen victim to a terrorist plot. The truthful explanation is that I had a blog back in San Francisco. It was actually a proper website called thedeputy.net. It featured my artwork and some electronica tunes I was working on. There was some writing. The most memorable post was a review of the Marshall Mathers LP in which I personally thanked Eminem for bringing back into vogue the use of "the finger" which had sort of fallen out of fashion among bourgeois youth. Mat Honan called it the definitive Eminem review. You're too kind Honando.

But alas thedeputy.net's days were numbered. You see kids, I was on drugs, and by September of 2002 my ivory tower of crystal power had begun to crumble. I got arrested and I quit my job and it was San Francisco in the middle of the worst recession since the depression and I simply couldn't find another job. The bridges had already been burned. I was running out of money and my sanity was shot. So I decided to do the hard thing, the worst case scenario. I decided that I better come back to Texas where I didn't know where to get my hand on hard drugs and maybe just maybe I would live to blog another day.

It took almost a year for me to get back into a healthy enough state that I even wanted to blog. I had let my server space and domain name expire so thedeputy.net was just a memory. By this time I had found another proper professional job. Not only that but it was a print design job so I was now employed for the use of my stellar graphic art skillz, and I was all "Hells yeah bro I got a super sweet design job...hootenanny." Most of my graphic creativity is sucked into the swirling vortex of beer sign and banners that I design and print each day. I have always needed a creative outlet and although I love my job it isn't the kind of outlet where I can express Myself as myself. So last summer In a kind of preternatural awakening, I started a new blog. I have always fancied my self a bit of a wordsmithe. I have always thought that someday when my surging testosterone ebbs a bit I might be able to focus enough to do some serious writing. Although the testosterone flow is still like the inner workings of the Hoover Dam I have trained my feeble mind to focus enough to do some substantial writing i.e. this blog.

The first post was an observational ditty that seems a little provincial now. But they say that a journey of a thousand steps starts with a trip to Walmart to cop some cheap kicks so you can just throw them away when you're done cause they are gonna stink...
or something to that effect.

Thank you for reading. I will write some more. If my skills start to slip or the posts go all stale let me know.
If something I have said something that rocked your day or made you tingle, let me know.
If you like the cut of jib,..let me know.
Remeber you can't spell feedback without feed.

Happy Day

|