6.4.05

Deep Night Inquisition

Dark stars felled the shadows at the ground of meeting
Or the meeting ground
In the sky of round
Where the bed sheets pound
He could see into her eyes but she couldn't see back into his

And gas prices continue to rise
Some think that we shall soon be our own demise
As a culture and as a nation state
Cause we just can't maintain at this rate
Or sustain the inevitable parts of our fate

The ice shelfs drop into the sea and melt
the seals and sea lions are killed for their pelt
flightless puffins and penguins dun extinction felt
the richness of the balance of the planet is lost
and all I can do is stare into the blue of starling?s eyes

So deep in the night the inquisition breaks out
Without so much as a tremor or shout

Too late for questions
I tell her
and squint my way back into slight slumber

and in the night I dream of terrible things
mostly of life-forms dying in cars
and fights of jealousy in old towne dive bars
but when I awake in the night of dark stars
I see the slight form of life in the bed beside me

The darkness of the deep blue stars highlights the void created by the body of the manifestation of light and life right there in the bed beside me
To in the blackness guide me

I smell her radiant beauty in the absence of light

|