13.4.05

Talking Up a Storm

Before I die
Before they put my on the pyre and light the bottom faggots
Before I'm worm food
I want to do some talking
As some of you may or may not know, I like to talk
some might describe me as the kind of fellow who likes the sound of his own voice
while that description is accurate its also kind of a half-truth
whereas its true that I do like the sound of my own voice
that phrase holds a certain connotation about the motivation of the speaker in question
it could and usually does mean that nothing of significance is being said
and thereby the speaker is only speaker to hear his
or her voice
however, I try to always be purposeful when I'm blathering on
sometimes that goal is simply entertainment

but back to my premise
before I die I want to talk, for like a week, to an audience who wants to listen
and will be kind in their response
cause a lot of times in life I have had to hold my tongue
I have had to be my own best editor
and someday, right at the end, I just want to talk myself blue in the face
I want to talk about nothing and everything
about what has happened in the past and about what will happen in the future
about things that happened to me and about things that happened to people I know
about wisdom that I think I've gained and love that I think I've lost
about reasons to live and reasons to die

and then I just want to shut up and die
and hope that people enjoyed my last diatribe
and maybe I'll record it so they can beam it into space for other planets to enjoy.

dust

|