5.4.04

Hindu Wedding

Rawk... I went to a Hindu wedding on Saturday. It f'n rocked. The ceremony itself took about three hours. But unlike Christian slash American weddings you didn't have to just sit there and pay attention. You were free to get up, mingle, or as in my case, go to the bar. There were lots of distinct sections to the Vedic Ceremony, and there was a lot of chanting. I like chanting, it helps me get into a trance. I would sit there and listen to the holy man do his chants and the bride and groom had to refrain and I would find myself totally trancing out and the Cosmic energies seemed to fill the room and my heart. There was also a lot of elemental aspects of the ceremony, like fire and water and rice and orange powder. It was actually a Hindi Girl marrying a White Boy. His name is actually Whiteman. As the ceremony played out in Sanskrit I started to hear the holy man say white man. I thought that had somehow entered the liturgy in this case but then I remembered that Robert's last name is White Man. It sounded funny.
This wedding was so much better than the traditional American slash Christian service. I think I wanna marry a Hindu girl or maybe I should just convert. Our culture is so very good at stripping the true ceremony from things. suckas

|