26.4.04

Mentor

I have writing ambitions. They are not new. I have wanted to write a novel for many years now. I have even tried. In the past I have started writing what I would hope to be lengthy works. Out of laziness or lack of skill or lack of experience I have not been able to finish anything over fifty pages. I haven't tried to write something lengthy in about 4 years now. My 28th birthday is on the immediate horizon. It is time again to try and write something of length and hopefully also something of substance. I hope I have gained and ingrained enough life experience to see me through. I was reminded of this today because I stumbled upon a website.
http://www.paulauster.co.uk/
It is the definitive website of my favorite author. It is this guy who inspired me to take novel writing serious. He has published 2 new books since I last paid attention.
If I had a mentor I think I would choose this guy.
These posts may start getting a lot longer.
This is the shortest thing that I will publish for a while.
Except for my rhyming posts.
And my timing boasts.

|