20.1.05

Choose a Path (fool)

Things are pretty well sorted out in my life right now.
I've got all my ducks in a row so to speak.
Some of these mundane but important facets of my life include but are not limited to ~
~ rent, bills, automobile, fitness, friends, family relationships, computing hardware, etc.
In a way I am very content with what I have and where I am going and how I am handling things in general.

But there has got to be more,
at least for me anyways. I have all these things all sorted out and yet I know there is something else for me.

I said these things to Beans and as I trailed off with the rhetorical statement "...but I desire something more."
he answered "Greatness."
And yeah that sounded right but that's not exactly what I mean.
I do want greatness but I know that it comes in many forms and at many possible different points in any given life.
Some people aren't recognized for their greatness until after they are dead for example,
and that would be fine with me.
What I really want is to create is a scenario in which there is the possibility that I will be lauded as a great man and my life might possibly be held up as an example of a life well lived.
I want a greatness lottery ticket.

Specifically I want to be recognized as a great artist and achieve some measure of success for my artistic endeavors, which brings up the really crucial question I am asking myself at this little life crux ~
On what medium do I focus?

I know that I don't have to choose just one and as Beans suggested maybe I need to look for something that synthesizes mediums and takes advantage of my varied talents.
That sounds good and I used to think that meant making flicks but now I'm not so sure.
I don't think I really have that much talent (like human dynamo style) and I think a better path that would assure a larger chance of achieving this amorphous thing that I'm talking about would be to pick one thing that maybe I am the best at and go with it,
whether that be writing, or painting, or music production, or digital graphics, or what have you.
I am however at a loss to pinpoint my strongest suit, savvy?
It's hard to know what I am best at from my warped first person viewpoint.

I'm good at a few different things, but I want to be great at something.

Another factor in this equation is that all those minute things that it takes to keep ones life in order,
well all those things take up a certain amount of time and energy.
I currently feel unable to budget my time and energy in a manner that allows me to pursue the endeavors that I know need to get tackled in order to even have a chance at the greatness lottery.
savvy?

I have posted similar rants in the past.
I think this is a deep and complex topic and I may revisit it frequently until I work it out as a thought process,
and turn it into an action process.

I think this is just about decision making and the application of discipline along those chosen decisions.
Make what you believe manifest.

|