12.2.05

I Used to Be a Writer

I used to be a writer and a lover and a fighter
and I used to balance treetops in my brain.

shibbity gibbetts took his top hat off and placed it on the rack
he walked quietly over to his table, in a booth, in the roadside cafe
tiny jukeboxes adorned each table top
patsy cline blinked and plinked through worn out speakers
the tabletop was grimy, aye gully, and the air was saturated with grease
the waitress, a gurl no older than fourteen sauntered over to shibbity gibblet's table and began to bleat her spiel.

jShibbert just raised his hand, all humble like and said
BLT, a slice of the key lime pie and a sugar free red bull on the rocks
dollface.
And dear, I can obviously see how my behavior could be misconstrued
so any friendly advice you have to offer
well frankly my dear you can cram it.

and then it orcurred to me that I might be too stoned for blogging.

to be continued...

|