2.2.05

Quitter

For a second there, I was seriously considering closing the shop here.
For a New York minute I got to feelin' all sorry for my self
and I got to thinking about all the hits that I am not getting here
and I got to focusing on what I don't have and what I haven't accomplished rather than maintaining a healthy attitude about what I do have and just pressing on through the fog.

I can do it.

To me this is just a space for writing exercises.
But sometimes I get these grandiose notions that this space is something that it isn't.
I have no idea where it will lead, if anywhere, and I am OK with that. But man, sometimes it is so easy to sink into a state of utter negativity and that leads me to thinking about things like quitting.
And let me tell you, quitting is for straight suckas.

If I quit this exercise then I would be an Ex-Blogger. It would be so pathetic.
I talk about blogging quite often around my friends, but if I quit I would just talk about how I used to blog and that would be much more disgustingly small than just talking about being a blogger.
"I have a blog."
You might often hear me say but what if it was,
"I used to blog."
Now that's just sad

So I think I am going to continue to blog.
No matter what.

I might even try to start writing interesting things. How does that sound?
I'm just being self effacing there not self pitiful,
so chill.

|