2.2.06

Renewed ~ on da realz

I am so over blogging. So I'm just gonna write from now on.

This is not blogging, or a blog post, or blogalicious. These are just words on a screen,
that may or may not have been written by someone.

One of my favorite bloggers once mentioned that she always tries to write about at least two things per post. I think that's a great idea. But this post is a catch up post so I have at least eight things to write about, maybe more. here goes~

I can't believe how divided this country is right now. Did you see the State of the Union address? Me neither. But I saw the highlights. My favorite was the sarcastic applause. Cheers and jeers right there in the House Chamber or as like to call it under this administration "The Monkey House." Here's a couple of paraphrased quotes for any of ya'lls who care. Uh... "a house divided against itself cannot stand." does that ring any bells? and "those who do not heed the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them." Do any of these sound apropos? Do things seem just totally out of hand crazy right about now? Don't answer all at once. Make your marks heavy and dark and remember to show your work.

I found out at my Grandfather's funeral that I am a rich man. No, he didn't leave me a fortune. But he did give me the tools to be successful in life. And I was told by friends and relatives that they always wished that he was their Grandfather. You know all those intangible things that people are always talking about as priceless or more valuable than gold, well, they are, and I got a full measure of all those things. I might never attain great material wealth in this lifetime but make no mistake, I am a rich man.

Last week, while playing European style futbol, I got hit in the windpipe with an elbow traveling at a very high velocity. I couldn't talk too good for a couple days because of the swelling, and it still hurts.

I signed another year lease. In my apartment that is right next to Ms. Miss. We are still seeing each other. Things are cool. I'm in a very good rut right now.

Speaking of Ms. Miss. She and I went to New Mexico on New Years day. We spent a few days in Santa Fe. We saw some awesome art and architecture. We ate well and we enjoyed fires in our very own wood burning stove. We went to 10,000 Waves, a zen spa, and had a jacuzzi and sauna in a private waterfall area. We were gonna ski in Taos but there was no snow. So we went up to southern CO to Pagosa Springs. We skied at Wolf Creek. They had lots of snow. It was just her second time skiing so she spent that day on the bunny slope. I could see her from all three base lifts. Sometimes she looked like she was standing still. Some of the kids that were just learning to ski, the Wolf Pups as it were, would yell as they went past "believe in yourself, believe in yourself." So true. We bathed in the mineral baths in Pagosa Springs. They smelled like sulfur, aka rotten eggs. And those minerals were so strong that when I washed my swim breeches they made all my clothes smell like sulfur aka stinky poo.

I've been watching the Rollergirls reality show on A&E that features Austin's own Texas Rollerderby league. They inspire me. Moreover they make me realize that inspiration is all around and that you never know who you are going to inspire with your life and works.

Speaking of inspiration. Someone I know found this blog and started reading it. It inspired him to call me a genius. Now while I am very flattered, I do think he was being a little over the top with his praise. But more importantly it inspired me to blog again, er, I mean, write. I have spent entirely too much time being jealous of other peoples talents and the work that others are doing. I need to remember what I am about and that I am pretty fuckin' talented myself. I mean, not so talented that I can't pepper my writing with profanity, but talented nonetheless.

Although I don't really believe in talent as a concept.

Speaking of talent though, I've actually been painting again. A friend of mine inspired me, or rather, commissioned me to do a painting for him. He even fronted some money for the supplies. And while I haven't finished his painting yet, it has led me to do about 15 small works so far in attempts to tune up my skillz so I can begin work on his painting, or rather paintings, as I plan to do a diptich for him, oh fuck it, maybe a triptych, who knows, life has just begun.

I got a Sirius satellite radio so I can listen to Howard. He inspires me.

So I mentioned this friend who called me a genius, well he did so in public, addressing other people, at Crown and Anchor last night. And I was sitting in this spot, where I had sat once before, many years previous. It was a night in which I had let the booze and my temper get the best of me. I actually left the pub that night and destroyed the better part of the ceramics that I had made in college art classes. I wish I hadn't smashed all those crappy pieces. I mean, they were crap, but I regret my temper getting the best of me. I have been seeing someone about my anger management issues. It seems to be helping. But I was sitting in that same spot last night thinking how things have changed, mostly for the better.

Oh dear reader, we have so much catching up to do.

Don't call this a blog. These words aren't new or contemporary, they just always were.

|