20.7.06

Pest Problems

***Here is the letter that I sent to my apartment management reguarding my pest problems.
I thought ya'll might like it.
I could be wrong.***

To Whom It May Concern:
This is a letter to inform you of the great inconvenience that I have been subjected to in my apartment as of late. The rodent in the wall troubles began sometime in Late May or early June. I can hear the scurrying of rats, squirrels or some kind of pest very loudly in the ceiling of my bedroom.
There is a space in the ceiling above my bed that is beveled and in this space a number of animals are living their lives, at night, while I am trying to sleep. They are mostly quiet during the day. I think that maintenance came to check during business hours, but they couldn’t hear because they are nocturnal animals. I have resorted to wearing earplugs, but the noises are often so loud that I get only marginally decent sleep. This is disrupting my work. I am not sleeping very well at all with the constant scratching at night.
It often sounds like thumper or an old hound-dog scratching his ear with his hind leg.

When I reported the problem, I understand, that steps were taken to rectify the situation.
For whatever reason, the problem persists.
It is June 25th, and this very afternoon I have heard the movement of pests in the ceiling directly above my sleeping quarters. In the attempts to get rid of the pests, one or some must have died within the walls. This has created a stench of death and decay that has persisted for more than a week now. I have eaten many more meals out than I usually do and I have run my AC with the windows open to cope with the stench.

Please keep these circumstances in mind when considering the discount for next months rent. I think that a discount of one half is adequate for a problem that has been addressed with failed results and abandoned for the time being. I have been happy with the service of Claire and Rainier management. I understand the steps have been taken, but the problem remains mine to deal with and I think it devalues the property. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Matthew Rampage

|