16.11.04

Blinky Blinkerson

Crazy thing about the Blogsphere
is that Its kind of like the Real Sphere inna lot of ways.
I mean if you take time to blink you're probably gonna miss some shit.

Like for instance. I took a little trip to see my grandparents this last weekend. I took Friday off work. So the rest of the week was kind of compact and I was busy getting stuff done so I didn't have salesman going ~
"Uh where are those signs for Race Trac," or "Hey Matteo, have you had time to get to the shazzle for this blah blah account." ~
Ya gotta stay right on top of that shit. I am in the business of making IT happen.
So as a result I didn't get all my blog reading done for the week.

Well in the damn mean time I missed some shit.
Like for instance. I totally missed getting a link from my favorite Austin blogger. Not only did SK Smith link me but she totally told me in that post that I should go see this George Saunders lecture. I think I missed the lecture and I don't know who George Saunders is but I sure appreciate the link and from now on I will be more vigilant about stuff that My Favorite Austin Bloggers tell me to do.

And I missed enough Raymi that my eyes are bleeding from trying to catch up in one day. And I think I love her but I haven't got up the gumption to write her about it. I know she will probably post my e-mail when I finally do write her so I gotta make sure the letter is just right and hopefully impregnable to hilarious insults.
Maneesh was all "Hey do you ever write to Raymi."
and I was all "No"
and he was all "Boy it just don't get better than her does it."
and I was all "Yep."
and it made me feel like a worthless piece of trash in that I haven't just come out and said it.

~RAYMI PARKDALE LAUREN~ I THINK I LOVE YOU

um OK... that feels better.
And then on Friday Tony P posted this picture of The Donnas in his weekly 'the week in rock in la" feature. And I think I have a crush on the drummer and I was at their web site and I just happen to notice that they will be playing at Emo's here in Austin in Thursday and so by sheer luck of the click I found out exactly where I need to be on Thursday.
You see you have to stay on your toes.

Don't let the Blogshere catch you half steppin
or you're finna be straight slippin.

|