23.3.06

Tide Pools

Oh the ebb and flow of emotion.
How I do love those towering peaks of manic madness.
And oh how I relish those deepest darkest chasms of self loathing stew.

I swing both ways I have to say.

I am still having trouble finding the right shoes. I bought a nice pair of New Balance trail running shoes. The 809's to be exact. New Balance are great cause they come in all those handy widths. But this time I think I went too wide. They felt perfect in the store, and the left one is gonna work out fine, but the right one feels a tad too large. I can kinda compensate with the laces but I think I may cinch them up so much that they can't go any tighter, ya feel me? And I can't believe how different my two feet are from one another. The left one is all bulbous on the top and the right one is kinda flat. But the right one spreads farther out yonder than does the left one. I'm not giving up on this pair. I think I can mold them in place.
I was looking on the interwebnets to find some expert advice on the 'breaking-in' of running shoes, and the opinions vary widely. Almost as much variation as is exhibited between my bi peds.

There is a lot of talk about the Sopranos. I liked the episode. I think the people who didn't like it a. fear change and b. are unimaginative. Those folks just want the classic mobland stories of danger, racketeering and homicide. I think what the Sopranos is about is the things that go on in the life of a mob guy when he's not engaged in all those 'central to his existence/money making activities.' Sometimes you gotta go to the shrink, sometimes you gotta pick up the kids from school, and sometimes after sustaining serious internal injuries and massive blood loss you go into a coma. Now whether or not you like the writers version of purgatory and their interpretation of Tony's life inside his own comatosed limbo, well, that's another beef.

I feel I have been too hard on Mr. Gattis buffet in the last eight or ten years, pretty much avoiding it altogether. The place is still the same, and although it ain't great, it ain't that bad either.
When I was a younger man I would go into the Gattis buffet with the intent on getting my monies worth. That would inevitably lead to some degree of nausea. You just gotta take it easy there and things seem better.
I'm getting more mature.

|