20.3.06

Missing In Action

I didn't get a wrist band.
I didn't even really try.
I basically missed the whole of SXSW, save for the free show at Auditorium Shores on Thursday. That however, was wicked bad. Blackalicous rocked and ruled the rythm sticks. Spoon was awesome. I liked how their set ebbed and flowed. Echo and the Bunnymen was hella live even though I had never heard them before, but as the set wore on I realized that I had heard them before.
I am very conflicted about my ability to "party" these days.
I am a yound man, and I still want to party. But I wake up so early for work and I get so tired so early in the evening. I have been opting to stay in instead of going out.
One would think "well you must be a responsible adult." This is true, but sometimes this responsible behavior just makes me feel like on old fogey.
This is what I liked about doing crystal. I could stay out late and I was social and I could party till the break of dawn, but it all had to be under the influence of that lethal drug. Now that I am stimulant free I have a hard time getting out and about, especially after 10:30 or so.
I could go on and on about the reasons or excuses but its all up to me and at the moment I am in faliure mode as far as going out late and having fun.
I am not very happy with my decisions.

I am also not very happy about how the average peanut gets treated at local specialty shops (aka runtex and bicycle sport shop).
I'm not an expert. Thats why I am here. Try not to make me feel like an asshole for not immediately knowing what kind of running shoe I need. But moreover ~ fuck off. I'll get my gear somehwere else.

Seems like the whole town was in a bad humor yesterday.

Dreary weekends, sunny beautiful weeks, that's been the cycle lately and its getting old.

|