29.4.04

Injury

I have been an active human. I was walking at nine months. A lot of walking, lots and lots of running, plenty sprinting, some swimming, miles and miles of cycling, and more wrestling than you homophobes could take and it has all culminated in voila ~ a knee injury. I initially hyperextended my left knee on the soccer field at the end of a game last fall. I didn't go to the doctor back then cause I didn't think I had hurt it that bad. I thought I could rehab it myself. And I was scared. I was scared of surgery and I was scared of the MRI machine. Stupid really. Well after months and months of having a fragile knee and after at least a couple of reinjuries I decided that I better go see a doctor. He thinks I have a torn ACL. Whoopeee. I get an MRI on Monday Morning. Hooray. Although at this point I am ready to do anything that it takes to be active. I have always said that I want to play soccer until I'm 55. That may not happen but I would like to play into my 40's. We'll see what happens.
Its all so very corporeal.
I prefer meta physical things.

|