30.6.04

Blog Salad Surprise

Here are some things I've been meaning to touch on
and brush out
and fix up and look sharp...

My knee surgey was four weeks ago. I am on the mend, still wearing a brace but mostly getting around swell. Ambulatory adeptness. I will ball it up again someday.

It has rained here a lot. Almost too much. Almost fourteen inches in the month of June alone. This is Oztin not the Brazilian Rainforest. I miss the sun.

Have you ever noticed how some models of car will always remind you of a person that you once knew who drove that particular model. Case in point, the Brown 1978 Mercury Cougar, I don't see many of these any more but this will always remind me of my Aunt Sharon. Or the Red 1991 VW Golf, this reminds me of two people, Marcus and Evonne. Of course Marcus' Golf was a bit different in that the steering wheel was on the right side, fucking wacky British. And then there is the Blue 1989 Chrysler Conquest, this reminds me of myself cause I drove one of these. When I was in Lubbock at Memorial day I saw one of these on a car lot, it looked pristeen.

Six Feet Under is a great fucking show. It satisfies my sense of mortality in a way that hasn't been touched by a television show since I used to watch ThirtySomething as a depressed sixteen year old. It is dirty and sick and sexy and heartwarming all at the same time. That show is a brilliant reminder of how death rarifies life and makes things really precious. There is poor Nate and all his bad luck and his inability to find a life for himself. I relate to that dude in a lot of ways. I got totally hot and bothered when he was on the playdate with that super hot middle aged mother, she reminded me of Lum. There is all that crazy shit going on between the stripper and Rico. I didn't see how that shit started but that storyline can't be going anywhere good. Watch out Rico cause I don't think that chick has any pure intentions. There is that poo parcel shit that Arthur unleashed on Ruth and her new husband George. Way to go Arthur, Way to not let that George fuddy duddy belittle you and not pay for it. Of course there's David and Keith and all their homo erotic fun. Although I don't play for their team I enjoy seeing the dynamics play out. Their relationship is one of the great TV relationships of our time. That Keith is so fucking macho, my gaydar wouldn't pick him up unless he was cutting a rug down at the Chain Drive. And then there's Claire. I think she is about to go lezbo and that's cool I just wish I could take her out and show her a good time and maybe give her a chance to enjoy the company of a man before she become a vagaterian. C'est La Vie.

Things have a way of sorting themselves out after I address them in this space. Is that Magic or just My Imagination?

I think my European friends are taking this blog for granted. I don't want to name any names...but...I will. Marcus, Lena, Matteo, Katya, Jennie McLung, Carlos (representing Mexico actually) even Eamon whom I know is right here in Texas but whom I also know, knows about this space. Listen guys I really need your support here so I need to see each and every one of your IP adresses here at least once a week. Its really not too much to ask. You guys never know when your gonna pop up in a story so please pay attention.

Do Blogger's comments suck?
I need some feedback here. If even one of my fellow bloggers agreed with me, cause I already have my suspicions, I would switch to Halscan in a New York minute.

One time me and Jefe were up at TM all hella late working on this party video that we put together back in 2001. Jefe went home at like 4am and I stayed to edit through the night. Jefe left his camera on top of one of the racks of decks. It was pointed in my general direction. He set it on a time lapse setting that would take a shot at one minute intervals. It filmed me working at the editing station for about eight hours. It was awesome to watch. I was sporting my original cowboy hat and this great tight yellow t-shirt that I got from Angelina that had this cool surveillence photo of John Gotti on the front. There is nothing like video editing that I have found that can focus my concentration in that "laser beam" kind of way. I was glued to that Mac like a construction worker having just caught sight of Vida walking by in a pair of short-shorts, savvy? In the vid I was moving but never very far from that stupid screen. And then as the workday approached you could see Jesse and Jay come in and start working in the studios behind me and then at the end of the vid Jefe comes back and the last thing you see is him checking out what I had done. Things like that make me think that all the good times are in the past. I know that's not true but some days, when the rains have worn out their welcome, and I have so few veins of excitement in my healthy little life, well I just get a little nostalgic and then I get despondent and then I get suicidal and then I blog about it and all seems right with the world.

I got over 500 hits in my first week of having a counter and I am stoked about that. If you were one of the folks that came here then I would like to extend my sincere thanks. I think that's pretty good for something that is in its infancy and for a site that has no nekkid people and isn't selling something.

and the waiter says "Would you like a side of ranch with that salad."
"Please just drizzle the dressing on the top, don't toss it at the table."

|