23.6.04

Exploratory Epiphany

So I come in this morning and take care of a few things and get my printer fired up and my ventilation system going and so then I'm all settled in and it looks like I'm working hard and so I take a little stroll around the blogsphere. run-on deluxe.

I go to tonypierce.com first. Great post about recurring monkey dreams and how they relate to the republican monkey in office, brilliant as usual. And Tony usually has three links at the bottom of each post and I choose one that sounds interesting.
dick shagwell, I mean c'mon that sounds interesting. Besides I have seen this name around in some comment boxes, maybe even mine. So I start reading the most recent post. Now if someone's most recent post peaks my interest I am liable to start at the beginning of their archives and work my way through their whole blog. I have always preferred a tight cohesive album over the temporary joy of just the single, savvy? Anyways, so I'm reading this first post by Mr. shagwell and I'm thinking this guy is pretty fucking interesting and I'm really getting into the content and I'm digging the design when all the sudden my eye wanders leftward and~

BAM ~ epiphany ~ deer caught in headlights ~ your just got punk'd sucka ~ cartoon take ie eyes pop out of my head ~ legs lift off the ground ~ sirens appear above my mug ~ i'm all

Holy Shit, there is a link for the deputy, and that's me. I'm floored. Not that I don't think I deserve it I'm just fucking so excited I can't even finish the post I just come straight here and link Dick and totally lose my cool and get all giddy like a little kid.

And the coolest thing, as I'm just figuring out what is going on and my mouse pointer is just hovering above The Deputy link all slack jawed mouth agape, well you know how if you leave the pointer on top of something it tells you what it is a tiny dialog box opens up and it says ~

*** Coors Graphical Master ***

without the asterisk. I didn't call myself that. Somebody else must have come up with that, must have been Mr. Shagwell. And my day has started off right, bang in time, savvy?

But like I always say, there's plenty of time to fuck it up.

|