24.6.04

Euro Spliffs

Don't blame me, the British taught me how, blame them. It's Marcus' fault really. Oh sure years after I had left the U.K. and Marcus was only a distant memory I was still rolling the little bastards like they were origami cranes and I was praying for a miracle.

If you fold 1,000 origami cranes a miracle will occur~
If you roll 1,000 spliffs a tumor will occur~

See I like to mix my herb with my tobacco. About fifty fifty is good if its krunk ass sticky icky. With BC quality down to shwiggity shwag you might want to increase the amount of herb in the equation depending on the potentcy. I recommend of course the most potent chronic you can find at all times. I like to use American Spirit tobacco, it tastes the best.

You just don't get quite as high if you smoke in this fashion especially as opposed to bong hits. And I have always liked smoking often and not getting so blitzed each time, its more like a constant mellow high as opposed to being off your ass in Gaggaccticca County somewhere, if you know what I mean. This allowed me to smoke spliffs between classes in college and still graduate with a wicked gpa. After smoking like this for some time you get accustomed to the particular rush that is unique to the spliff. See herb is a bronchial dilator, when you mix it up with tobacco the herb enters your lungs and opens those bronchial passages and then the nicotine rushes right in behind. I enjoy smoking like this and many of my friends have followed suit but for the most part in America this practice is reviled.

If you have ever been to Amsterdam then you know what I am talking about of course. Or if you are in Amsterdam reading this you will relate in vice versa terms. People in Europe as a result of having access to mostly hashish roll it up with tobacco. With hash it is obvious, the combo just makes the most sense. And as a result of becoming accustomed to the mix they also roll the green buds in the same fashion. Everybody who has been in Amsterdam has seen a foolish American put a couple grams of the stickiest AK-47 or white widow or northern lights or what have you, into a skin and roll up, all boat style, a fat American ~solamente mota~ joint. And all the Europeans in the cafe recoil in horror and the American just about collapses a lung tryin' to get the thing to burn properly cause super sticky stuff just don't burn evenly. When you roll a Euro spliff in America you look equally foolish and people treat you with the same social leprosy.

they're all "What the fuck are you doing man you are ruining perfectly good weed."
And of course I'm all "Well if you don't like the way I roll it then you don't have to smoke any sucka."

I also have become addicted to the ceremony of it. Spliff rolling is an art form to its own much like origami. The elements~ herb, tobacco, paper, cardboard bit, and fire come together in a montage of smokable freedom. You sit down and clear your mind and do this simple task that you have done so many times before and when you are done you smoke it and there is nothing left but the buzz, it sublime, its ethereal. Whenever I am at a party and things get a little too much to handle I can just sit down and roll another perfect spliff and it centers me and helps me focus and just gets me through whatever hectic mess I have gotten myself into.

Marcus used to finish the roll and whatever bits were left on the desk he would just take his hand and sweep them into the desk drawer. And then when we would run out of ganja he would roll up the bits in the drawer and we would smoke that. I'm talking about smoking the leavings, the little bits that didn't make the first round cut or just fell out of the roll. It didn't taste very good but as Marcus would say~

"Yeah, but it gets you high and its better than nothing."
~and I'm all "true...true."

|