14.6.04

Paella

This weekend my buddy Kiko Gomila made us a paella. Kiko is from southern Spain from a town called Cadiz and paella is a traditional Spanish dish. I have been to Barcelona and had paella in one of the cheap ass touristy joints, it sucked. This was home-made paella using a recipe from Kiko's Uncle, it rocked. For those not in the know, paella is a kind of rice dish with chicken and seafood, usually shrimp and calamari. It is flavored with saffron and served with more seafood, usually prawns and crab legs. Kiko was upset cause the rice didn't come out right. I don't think we have the right kind of rice for it in this country. Somebody at the market told him that the rice he bought would be good for paella but they lied. I thought it was fine but Kiko said it was too sticky. After the meal we went to see Kiko play and sing some traditional songs at Central Market. It was a real Spanish day, menos la seista.

I just wanted to post something to counterbalance my Foul Mood post.

|