10.6.04

Manifesto of Multiplicity

Anything is possible here, its just that most things are not probable. So I will try to press on with the knowledge that although the range of possibilities are endless in the end only a relatively small and fixed amount of things are actually going to happen. That is to say in my realm, whether that be waking, sober, inebriated, blogsphere or cyber I will only get to experience, see, touch, taste, smell or hear a limited amount of things. Personally I think it is a common misconception to go through life believing that any one single ride on this thing we call existence is going to yield a full spectrum of successful outcomes. That's not to say that one should not strive for full spectrum success or that a successful existence is not possible. I just think it is more realistic to define ones own path to success within a smaller cross section of the range of possibilities.
Now when I say here, do I mean in this blog space or do I mean here on earth? I mean both in that one is a reflection of the other. I think that the possibilities in the blogsphere are more vast than in the waking world of your life. This is true because in the blogsphere, since it isn't really tethered to material form, lies can become truth and misunderstandings and falsehoods manifest themselves as possible reflections of actual occurrences. It is the burden of each individual writer to furnish their cyber crib with the accoutrement that is befitting their choice of truth on a sliding scale that is calibrated within his or her own soul. For instance in the blog of Tony Pierce he apparently dates the Russian tennis star cum sex symbol Miss Anna Kournikova. I cannot prove this as false but I would wager, based on the range of possibilities and my own intuition, that in the life of Tony Pierce he does not actually date Miss Kournikova. He has taken an aspect of his personal fantasy and through his deftly skilled writing makes the reader and possibly himself believe something that is false to be absolutely "as far as you know" true.
I am not attacking Mr. Pierce at all, rather quite the opposite. I admire his ability to seamlessly meld the world of words and the concrete nature of that world with the world of his imagination which as you may know is a world of pearlescent fluidity, like petrol on the surface of water. Furthermore Mr. Pierce is not trying to deceive his readers in that there is a simple disclaimer that adorns the top of his page that reads "nothing in here is true." Which in itself is actually a half truth in that much of what Mr. Pierce writes is entirely true. This bring me back to my own dilemma which consists mainly of my inability to transcend the hard line honesty I have come to live my life by for the sake of creating in writing an existence that isn't limited to the set of events and situations that the fates present me. I need to learn how to lie. In order to become the writer that I imagine myself becoming I have to learn how to fabricate a falsehood and make it seem so real to the reader that they incorporate that falsehood into their own personal cosmology of existence. Not for purposes of deception for deceptions sake but for the purpose of living more than one existence in my time in my material frame. If this goal seems vain or maybe ostentatiously unreachable then screw you. I am trying to raise the bar here. I am trying to turn trite life to lavish. I can't let the small minds of those around me who may or may not be echoing my same self-defeating sentiment to bring me down into the mucky muck. On ward and upward. Forward Progress always.

This treatise was written in a cursory manner and is a little juvenile. If you have the mettle or the inclination you are more than welcome to debunk these ideas right down there in the comments. Be my guest...

cha ch chaos

|