12.7.04

Opinions

In my opinion, I had a fun weekend with my sister Fun Holly. You can't not have fun with a gal like Holly. If you aren't having as much fun as her, which you most certainly are not, then just being around her helps even the sorriest of sods have more fun than they expected when they got out of their sad sacks this morn. There was drinking and carousing and I didn't have to beat down anybody for stepping to Fun Holly with the wrong attitude. Not that she can't take of herself and not that I really need to beat anyone down for her its just that as her big brother I at least have to offer my "beat that ass down in front of all these nice folks" services if some fool is on the interact with a lack of respect. Savvy?

I learned things about Fun Holly that I never knew before. Did you know that Fun Holly is a conservative? I don't mean that she hates to waste cottage cheese or that she is fiscally thrifty. Nope, Fun Holly is a "I'm gonna vote for Bush cause I think he has done a good job and is a strong President" Conservative. You would think that those beliefs would conflict with her Job as Fun Holly, but they don't, she is still hella fun. It was kind of shocking to hear those values coming out of the mouth of a young, seemingly hip person, but its OK. She is my sister and I love her and no matter who she votes for in this election or the next or the next I will still love her. Now we know that we don't really see eye to eye politically and that is that. We both noticed that we are surrounded by communities of like minds and political views and we both noticed that there are very few dissenting opinions within our respective communities. I live in Austin and she lives in Lubbock, C'est La Vie. She had never seen a Michael Moore film like ever so on Saturday we watched Bowling for Columbine. She liked it a lot and agreed to go see Fahrenheit 911 in the theaters. She had said that she wasn't going to see it till it was out on video but I hope Columbine changed her mind. I guess that's what the Neo-Cons are saying if they don't want to seem totally closed minded~
"I'll see it when it comes out on video."
Oh you mean after the elections. Well that's just great, its like the willingly blind voting for the perennially dumb. I think that may be an American tradition.

I would like to apologize to Fun Holly that she read some things in this blog that disturbed her as my little sister. There will henceforth be a rating system that will keep Holly from reading the posts that might disturb. Watch for the indicator that reads
NFH or Not for Holly.

Furthermore I would like NOT to apologize to some of my "friends" that have read things in this blog that disturbed them. This blog is a writing excercise for ME and for an audience that didn't come here to judge. I have decided to record some of the more interesting events in my life as they occurred. We have all made mistakes and none of us live spotless, yea, sinless lives. The interesting events are oftentimes salacious or bawdy or even outside the law. I make no excuses and make no apologies especially to folks that haven't read my stuff and have unfortunately passed judgment based on gossip accounts. More importantly, if you have an opinion on a post there is a handy system of comments that you can make your opinion known. Please use commenting system and leave your opinion here.

That brings me to an important point. I have ditched the Blogger comments cause in my opinion they suck, and I have replaced them with the far superior Haloscan commenting system. I want to hear from you.

Judge not Lest ye be Judged~
you know
from the bible

|