15.7.04

Tendonitis

I thought it was funny, uh not 'haha' funny but kinda 'hmmm, ain't that a bitch' funny, that there was a special sneak preview of Will Smith's new movie I-Robot during the Method and Red show last night on the FOX network.  Especially after a certain underrated blogger made a direct comparison between Mr Smith's old show and Mr. Mef's new show just last week.  I'm not naming any names and I'm certainly not providing handy links but if you scroll down to a post titled Fox Summer Programming and you rub those two remaining brain cells together you might just figure out who this underrated blogger is with his superhuman sharp shooter observations skillz and all dat.  Its like Angelina said, "they're BLACK and they live around a bunch of WHITE PEOPLE!!! talking indecipherable slang, enforcing hood politics and just generally getting ghetto. around a bunch of WHITE PEOPLE!!!" and I'm all whoo whoo hahahahaha, cause I'm white you see.  She and I are being mortally sarcastic for all those out their who actually think that kind of formulaic crap is gonna entertain America again.
And Meth, let me formally welcome you to your "adult contemporary phase."  In another twist of fate, the premier episode of Method and Red featured Kenny Loggins, aka Mr Adult Contemporary himself.  The foreshadowing is scary, no?
In a completely unrelated story, my knee hurts.  I was afraid that after my big weekend with Fun Holly that I had torn my meniscus repair, which would mean a trip back under the scope.  I am a dancing machine to those who didn't know, (now act like ya know).  But I talked to my physical therapist this morning, I described my pains and he was pretty sure that I was just experienceing the normal tendonitis associated with the type of repair that I had.  Last night I was totally stressing about it.  My mind had my body totally whipped into a froth of hopelessness and despair.  But that's how I often feel at bedtime.  I don't mind the pain I just didn't want a major setback.  So let's hope Jimmy my physical therapist is right, simple post-op tendonitis.  Nuthin to worry about mate.  He said that for the patella graft they take about a third of the patella tendon for rebuilding that acl.  And now that I am left with just two thirds of that sucker its only natural that I would experience some mild discomfort.  All this has left me with the distinct sensation of getting older.
 
Time makes you older even children get older and I'm gettin older too.
 
Oh and Paris and Nicole didn't make Texas look like too much of a shithole and I was glad about that.

|